Emilie [diligent worker] Lauren [guarded by God]

Sunday, January 17, 2010

new

new.
a new year.
a new beginning.
a fresh start.

The year of light, love, freedom and victory.
These are the things I am choosing to claim in the new year. A year to embrace the light of God in our dark world, and share it with others. A year to love beyond what we have loved before; and to take in the love of Jesus. A year to live in the freedom of Christ; the truth will set you free and the truth is Christ. And a year to claim the victory of Christ; to live with no fears or regrets, but knowing that in every endeavor we have already won through Christ and there is nothing the devil can do to change that.


I love this song by Charlie Hall. It is such a good example for the new year.
Marvelous Light


I once was fatherless,
a stranger with no hope;


Your kindness wakened me,
Awakened me, from my sleep


Your love it beckons deeply, 
a call to come and die.
By grace now I will come 


And take this life, take your life.


Sin has lost it's power,
death has lost it's sting.
From the grave you've risen
VICTORIOUSLY!


Into marvelous light I'm running,
Out of darkness, out of shame.
By the cross you are the truth,
You are the life, you are the way


My dead heart now is beating,
My deepest stains now clean.
Your breath fills up my lungs.
Now I'm free. now I'm free!





Lift my hands and spin around,
See the light that i have found. 
Oh the marvelous light
Marvelous light

Lift my hands and spin
See the light within...


2010. here I am. I am not afraid. I am ready. Excited to be exact. 
I went with some friends in Portland to Southlake Church there. I really loved it. The pastor talked about the new year, and the willingness to embrace new things. It was all a part of the series they were doing called AWAKEN. He had three points that have stuck with me, 1. New problems with require new creativity. 2. New pressures will require conviction and new dependance. 3. new possibilities will require COURAGE.


No comments:

Post a Comment