Emilie [diligent worker] Lauren [guarded by God]

Saturday, December 26, 2009

A new day

simplify.


Lord, I have been frustrated. Why do you feel the need to play hard to get? Why has my apathy began to quench my true desire? I could go on, about this desert and my lack of desire for you. But I will simplify it down. Let's take away all religion, all routines, all service. Just you and me. I am not sure if I can honestly say, I love you. Show me your love, pursue me, whisper sweet nothings into my ear.

Let's fall in love.


You and me. Hand in hand. You are driving this car; and although I may be in the back seat, I accepted the ride. I put on the seatbelt. You promise me that you will never leave me nor forsake me. You never let go of the wheel. I often fight for control, and think that I have it but I never will. I may choose the route, or the map, but you will always pick the destination.

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps." Proverbs 16:9

Lord, make your grace real to me. I need your forgiveness; I am selfish, I screw up all the time, I can't seem to keep a tight seal on my lips. Please forgive me Abba; forgive me for going through the motions; forgive me for my lack of desire; forgive me for quitting on you; forgive me for the actions i have made in my frustration; please wipe me clean. Create in me a clean heart oh God.

This desert has mad me ragged and dirty. I am hungry and thirsty. Please let your rains fall. Let them purify me; let them shape me; let them grow me. Although the sun is beneficial without water, I will simply shrivel. Please God, I beg of you in my drought, bring me your refreshing water. I step out in faith, I ask for water, I ask for you, I ask for desire, and you WILL bring it. Cast out all doubts in my heart. Because you are a faithful God!

"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened." Matthew 7:7,8

No comments:

Post a Comment