Emilie [diligent worker] Lauren [guarded by God]

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Trust

"Trust is the fruit of a relationship in which you know you are loved." William Young, The Shack

I'm starting to realize how true this when we look at love from God's perspective.
"There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love." 1John 4:18

So if we are loving like we are called to, with agape, unconditional, Christ like love we shouldn't be afraid of anything-including trusting imperfect human people.

It seems to me that if our hearts are truly in God's hands, and we are content in a loving relationship with him, then we have everything we need. I've always felt like God has called me to be transparent. We shouldn't want to hide anything. If we bring everything out into the light, won't the dark things flee?

This is where I get hung up and struggle... when I've trusted people in the past they've let me down. And there humans. There bound too. So it's easier to not trust people, and only trust God who won't let me down....

So where is the balance? Do I trust God 100% and not trust others? And if I'm trusting God, and he calls me to be transparent, shouldn't I trust that he has it all figured out?

No comments:

Post a Comment