Emilie [diligent worker] Lauren [guarded by God]

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

roommates

After having a room to myself for the last 8 years, I now have a roommate. And it dawned on me this morning the many roles a roommate takes on. Your roommate is your mother when you are sick, your father when you are doing something wrong or "staying out too late", your sibling when you need to argue, your friend when you want to have fun, your partner in crime for adventure, your shoulder when your down, and the person you ultimately begin to share your life with.

I have been praying for my future college roommate for the last year or so. As my second mother always would tell me, "You are who you hang out with." I prayed two things. One, that God would bring me just the right roommate for me. I wasn't sure what that would look like, but at least I knew God knows best. Two, I prayed that weather that person was someone I would get along with or not, that they'd encourage me to grow in my faith.

So far, I feel blessed. I guess you could say Bryn inspired this random little post. A girl from Colorado, that I had never met, who is on the gymnastics team, and enjoys talking in a lisp... and already I can confidently say, well, we laugh A LOT.

Looking forward to a year of memories, of laughter, of love, of adventures, maybe some tears, and a new friend and sister. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment